Monday, July 28, 2008

O’Neil Bell Headed To Heavyweight

Possibly in a move to follow another cruiserweight champion, David Haye, O’Neil Bell a former undisputed cruiserweight champion has also stated that he will make his move into the heavyweight division. Now 33, Bell 26-3-1 with 24 knockouts was cruiserweight champion for 2 years and has had notable knockout wins over other cruiserweights such as Ezra Sellers, Kelvin Davis, Sebastiaan Rothmann, Arthur Williams, and Jean-Marc Mormeck.

O'Neil Bell Quotes


“The heavyweight division needs a savior, and I’m applying for the job. I hate to say it, but the division is a mess and it needs cleaning up by a dynamic and exciting fighter like myself.”

“Making the cruiserweight limit has sapped me of my strength over my last couple of fights and took away what got me to the world championship in the first place. Now at heavyweight, I feel better than ever and I can’t wait to smash everyone in my path on the way to the championship. This is the most excited I’ve ever been in my career, and that’s bad news for whoever gets in my way.”

Executive Director of Seminole Warriors Boxing, Bell’s promoter Leon Margules had a few things to say as well.

Leon Margules Quotes


“This is great news for O’Neil Bell and for all of boxing. Not only will O’Neil get to shine at a weight where he is comfortable at, but the world will finally get to see him at his best – putting on exciting fights and knocking people out in the sport’s glamour division.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts