Sunday, July 6, 2008

Haye To Attend Klitschko Thompson Fight

Former cruiserweight champion turned heavyweight David "Hayemaker" Haye has recently revealed that he plans to attend the heavyweight championship fight between Wladimir Klitschko and Tony Thompson this Saturday July 12th in Germany. He plans on confronting Wladimir again(he confronted Wladimir in London awhile back) sometime during the day of the fight. This is what Haye had to say recently...

"I've looked Wladimir in the eye and I'm not so sure he fancies getting in the ring with me."

"He is talking about meeting me at the 02 Arena in London but I'm not sure that is what he really wants - and that's why I'm going to Hamburg to confront him."

”The heavyweight division is about to vanish off the face of the earth and I'm going to tell Wladimir that he can help me save it."

"It's a total joke - nobody has taken the heavyweight division seriously since Lennox Lewis retired."

Is it just me or does this guy just want to fight Wladimir and nobody else. Barrett who recently defeated Tye Fields has spoke interest in fighting Haye, but Haye's team rejected that possibility. I believe it has something to do with an promotional arrangement he made where he can only face top ten opposition for his fights leading up to a possible Klitschko duel. But, there hasn't even been a mention of a possible opponent nevermind a scheduled fight date, so it makes me wonder when he plans on making his debut.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts