Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fox Sports Klitschko Interview

This is a interview of Wladimir Klitschko, who is preparing to face WBO mandatory challenger Tony Thompson, from Fox Sports.

FOXSports.com: How has your training been going so far?

Wladimir Klitschko: All is great.

FS: What do you expect from Tony Thompson in the ring?

WK: I expect Tony Thompson to be offensively aggressive and not very defensive.

FS: How would you compare Tony's style to some of the other boxers you've fought in the past?

WK: I would say his style is not impressive, but it is effective.

FS: How do you prepare differently knowing your title is on the line?

WK: I didn't do anything different. It is not about the titles, it is about winning the competition in the ring.

FS: You unified the IBF and WBO heavyweight titles earlier this year. How important do you believe unifying belts is for boxing?

WK: I think that after I won the unification against Ibagimov, my number one position in the heavyweight division was cemented. I do think it is important to unify the title because it validates the champion

FS: Do you ever get any advice from your brother when you go into a fight? Has he given you any advice for this particular bout?

WK: As his little brother, Vitali gives me advice all the time — in and out of the ring.

FS: Recently, Floyd Mayweather announced his retirement. Were you surprised by that?

WK: No! I think he'll be back. If he doesn't return to boxing, then I will be suprised.

FS: So what would you like to tell your fans about this upcoming bout?

WK: To my fans, I look forward to a great performance and a great victory. Your positive energy will help me accomplish my goal and I thank you.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts