Monday, July 21, 2008

Johnson's Letter To Toney

After James "Lights Out" Toney got a messy 3rd TKO win in his rematch over Hasim “The Rock” Rahman on July 16th, 2008, fellow heavyweight "Kingpin" Kevin Johnson wrote an letter to Toney.

"James, congrats on your win, although there really isn’t much for you to celebrate. Just another washed up out of shape American heavyweight beating on another washed up out of shape and old American heavyweight. Watching you and Hasim Rahmn exchange love taps for three forgettable rounds nearly sent me into a coma..

" I know that you probably think that your fraudulent win over Rahmn gives you the right to fight for the heavyweight title and opportunity for another lucrative payday, to which I say B.S. You and the rest of the old washed-up, over-the-hill and semi-retired heavyweights need to stop clogging the path to the heavyweight pipeline and get the hell out of the way of the young lions such as myself. Especially since you guys seem to spend all of your time avoiding me and the other top young American heavyweights such as Chris Arreola and Eddie Chambers, while all the while trying to jump the line and get ahead of us for a title shot. You, Rahman John Ruiz, Evander Holyfield and the rest of the lot need to see me before you set your sights on the title.

" Come see me and I will gurantee that you will never see another title fight in your life. I’ll fight you any place, at any time for any price. Call my Promoter Joe DeGuardia of Starboxing or my management team at Tandem Sports and we can make it happen. "

“Kingpin” Kevin Johnson


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts