Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Maskaev Wants Fight With Klitschko

Seems like there is more fighters coming out expressing their desire to face Klitschko. Former WBC heavyweight champion Oleg Maskaev, who lost the WBC strap to Samuel Peter not long ago, has expressed interest in face Wladimir Klitschko as a replacement for IBF mandatory Alexander Povetkin. This is what Oleg Maskaev had to say regarding his reasons for getting a crack at Wladimir as opposed to other fighters rumored to get a shot such as Hasim Rahman.

"I have lost only one fight in the last 6 years. The bizarre and strange circumstances surrounding the Peter bout, including the possibility of criminal activity, will all be coming out when we appear before the Court of Sports Arbitration. If Klitschko selects Rahman as his opponent, then Klitschko is facing the loser, not the winner. I have stopped Rahman nt once, but twice, the last time winning the WBC Heavyweight Championship from him. What has Rahman done since I stopped him? He quit against Toney and then had a life and death against my sparring partner, Zuri Lawrence.

Styles make fights, and Klitschko’s style is made to order for me. I stopped Vitali as an amature and I will stop Vladimir as a pro. I know how to rough him up. I will knock him out.

Talk is cheap; I’ll put my money where my mouth is. As far as the purse, let us fight, winner take all. If you are not interested in another mis-match Vlad, have Shelly Finkle call my promoter, Dennis Rappaport. I’m prepared to fight you in the U.S., in Russia, in Germany, and even in your own living room. Let’s get it on !!”

Maskaev manager Fred Kesch Quotes


"How is Rahman higher than Maskaev? Oleg knocked him out twice! Oleg has only lost one fight in 6 years, he just fought in front of over 100,000 people on Red Square in Moscow soundly beating Robert Hawkins. Zuri Lawrence, who gave Rahman life and death is one of our sparring partners. What has Rahman been doing lately? It seems absolutely absurd that Rahman gets to fight ahead of Maskaev. Oleg stopped Vitali when they were both amateur stars so Oleg and Wladimir is the perfect follow-up."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts