Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fritz Sdunek Interview

Fritz Sdunek, who is the trainer throughout the career of newly crowned WBC heavyweight champion "Dr. Ironfist" Vitali Klitschko, was recently interviewed about Vitali's win and his other fighters.

Mr. Sdunek did you have a big celebration after the big title win?


You must be joking! I had to complete a marathon interview session. I just enjoyed one Cuba Libre at the bar and then I was dead tired and fell into bed. On Sunday I traveled back to Hamburg and on Monday I was already back in the gym. My other guys were waiting for me and I have so many other major tasks. Now I am working on the next world champion.

Who will be your next Champion?


First of all, for me a difficult task approaches with Alexander Dimitrenko against Luan Krasniqi on November 15th. I see the next world champions in Karoly Balzsay and Alexander Alekseev. They are very close to it, great boys. I am happy to be back to work here in the gym, but the last weeks have cost me some nerves.

You were always sure of victory?

Of course. But what was astonishing was Vitali was calmer than I was. Sometimes I have thoughts about this and that and Vitali only said 'Fritz, what are you thinking about? We've worked well. What can go wrong?' His mental strength impressed me again. I am proud that Vitali won a heavyweight title for the third time. Not many boxers did reach that goal.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts