Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dimitrenko-Krasniqi On November 15th

On November 15th two popular heavyweights, Alexander "Sasha" Dimitrenko (28-0, 18 KOs) and Luan "The Lion" Krasniqi (30-3-1, 14 KOs), will collide. The fight will take place at the Burg-Wächter Castello in Düsseldorf, Germany.

The 6'8" Dimitrenko is the current WBO Inter-Continental titleholder, and is rated WBO #1 and in the top five of all the major sanctioning organizations' ratings, while Krasniqi has always been a top contender losing last year in a WBO title eliminator to Tony "The Tiger" Thompson.

Recently they had a presser and this is what each fighter said:

Dimitrenko Quotes


"We know each other well - having already trained together and sparring, but with the first gong here in Dusseldorf, the friendship is over. I will not be beaten."

"I don't underestimate anybody. Luan has had good, hard fights, but I will be going all out. My goal is to become a world champion – not to lose!"

Krasniqi Quotes


"I am extremely happy that I'm finally boxing again. The fight against Sascha is like a knighthood for me. We're both good and stylish boxers - but I will win.

"Regarding the Thompson fight -- I needed the depths to reach the heights. On November 15, I must fight and show what's in me! I think that I'll win and that I'm not finished with boxing."

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts