Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gomez Warns Vitali Klitschko

#1 WBC mandatory Juan Carlos Gomez, recently had a few words to say to new WBC heavyweight champion "Dr. Ironfist" Vitali Klitschko after his win this last Saturday over Sam Peter.


“Congratulations, Vitali! You did a good job against the living sandbag. I am happy for you but for myself even more. I will enjoy taking the title from you and finally becoming heavyweight champion of the world. Although I already heard that you are trying to sneak out of the fight. Don’t run away, Vitali. Come and fight me like a man!.”

"Are you afraid, Vitali? Do you need money or another tune-up bout before facing me? I understand that you prefer to step in the ring with guys who cannot fight. But I am your official challenger. You can’t run away forever. You know that I am the man who will beat you. You know how good I am!.”

“I have always been the best fighter in the Universum gym. And both Klitschkos knew that. I have been WBC International Champion before Vitali made his pro-debut. When I won the world cruiserweight championship he was still beating up guys that my grandma could have knocked out. And, Vitali, in case you forgot how good I actually am, just ask your younger brother – he should remember!”

“Now I will go for both brothers at the pros. After I won the first title from Vitali I will take the other ones from Wlad. I am ready to finally become heavyweight champion of the world. It’s showtime!”

Ok. Total fluff here. Vitali chooses to face people that can't fight? Ya after a 4 year layoff, no tune-up fights, and facing the highly praised WBC champion Sam Peter who everyone thought might be the next Tyson(I never thought that, but still it shows that people thought highly of Peter), that in itself was choosing someone who can't fight. Although in hindsight, Gomez may be a tougher match(I'd hope) than Peter, I see no reason Vitali couldn't beat him fairly easily. I would much rather see Vitali get the other belt by facing Valuev, but he might have to wait for awhile, so this fight is most likely going to happen in the next 3 months....


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts