Monday, December 7, 2009

Kevin Johnson Diary Entry 5

This is last Friday's diary ongoing diary entry by Kevin "Kingpin" Johnson as he prepares to take on the WBC champion Vitali Klitschko this Saturday, December 12th in Berne, Switzerland.

“It’s Friday here in Switzerland and things are starting to heat up. I try to leave the politics too my management team but I’m starting to get a little annoyed. Although the champ is supposed to be a heavy favorite over me, he seems to be trying to gain every advantage he can over me for this fight in and outside of the ring.

“From the announcement of today’s judges, to the selection of the ring size and rumors that I here from his sparring partner about some dirty tricks that he likes to engage in during fights, it looks like I’m going to have to be on my Ps & Qs for this fight.

“Dr. Frankenstein is trying to win this thing by hook or by crook. I’m definitely going to have someone in his dressing room checking his gloves closely.

Today was film day form me. Watched some more film of Dr. Frankenstein to make sure that I had my bases covered in terms of preparing for whatever. I’m so excited about my game plan for this fight that I can barely sit still. This guy has gotten by on sheer size his whole career. He’s not as skillful as people think he is. After watching film, I got in another 6K run. The brisk Bern air is enough to wake the dead. Met some more fans and signed more autographs after my run. Never knew I had so many fans in Switzerland. Maybe Ill run for mayor of Bern after the fight.

“I shadowboxed for 45 mins but no sparring today. I didn’t want to overdo it. Got a chance to check out the arena today for the first time. Wow, there’s going to be a lot of disappointed Vitali fans filling this arena.”


Source





No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts