Monday, September 1, 2008

Chagaev Responds To Valuev Ruiz II

After Nicolai Valuev defeated John "The Quiet Man" Ruiz in their rematch and WBA heavyweight title fight on Saturday night WBA "champion in recess" Ruslan Chagaev, who had to vanquish his title because of a achilles tendon tear in June, had a few things to say:

What do you think about the points victory of Valuev?

For me, the fight was at the most a draw. I even leaned toward Ruiz. If he would have won, nobody would have complained.

You've defeated both Ruiz and Valuev. How do you assess their performance?

All in all, I saw nothing new. The only thing I noticed is that Ruiz was a little more aggressive and Valuev's jab has improved a little. But I'm still not worried.

What's next for you?

I'm WBA world champion because I have clearly beaten both. Unfortunately, because I'm still recovering from the injury, I'm currently in wait mode. But I will come back and beat Valuev. He'll be happy until I'm healthy again, then I'll show who the true world champion is. The nice thing is he can't get away from me.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts