Thursday, February 5, 2009

Klitschko Gomez Press Conference

On Tuesday February 2nd, 2009, current WBC heavyweight champion "Dr. Ironfist" Vitali Klitschko and WBC #1 mandatory “Black Panther” Juan Carlos Gomez had their 1st official press conference at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle in Stuttgar, Germany.

2 hours earlier they met at the Hamburg airport and Vitali Klitschko said, “Juan, my friend, I am sorry that I have to beat you up!” , and Gomez replied,“I’m so fast, you won’t even hit me - I will beat you up!”

At the official press conference Vitali mentioned the personal relationship between Gomez, his trainer Fritz Sdunek, promoter Ahmet Öner (who is married to Sdunek’s daughter Kati), and how he doesn't like fighting friends.

Hearing this Gomez replied, “Who are you - Dr. Ironfist or Dr. Psychologist? We’re here to fight and not to talk about family and friendship. And how dare you calling me a friend? Just because we used to train in the same gym I am not your friend, Vitali. We haven’t talked in eight years.”

Vitali replied with, “Family is family, business is business and boxing is boxing.” , while Gomez added,“Many people didn’t believe in me and didn’t think that I could come back to fight for the heavyweight championship of the world. I thank my promoter Ahmet Öner who brought me here and made this happen. Now I am ready to show everybody that the “Black Panther” is back! I’m ready to go! It’s showtime!”

Here are some quick clips of Tuesday's press conference courtesy of Setanta Sports...


Klitschko Gomez Press Conference Video




Source



No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts