Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wladimir Klitschko Interview On Status Of Haye Fight

Wladimir Klitschko (52-3, 46 KOs), the IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight champion, was recently interviewed by Fightnews.com regarding his status on fighting David "Hayemaker" Haye (22-1, 21 KOs).

Hello, Wladimir! I’m glad to you see again. How do you feel?

Hello, Alex. I feel good, thanks. Fightnews – the best regards.

Tell about your fight against David Haye on June 20th in London at the Stamford Bridge Stadium in Chelsea. Have you accepted that date?

Yes. It’s completely arranged.

Is the contract for the fight signed?

No. But I think it will soon be signed.

Fightnews.com informed readers that you were considering fighting Chris Arreola on May 16th in Los Angeles. Is that accurate?

Yes, my team carried on negotiations for this fight. I’ll even tell you a little more. If the fight with Haye doesn’t take place, I will fight Chris Arreola on May 16th in Los Angeles.

As we all know, in a doctored photo David Haye held your torn off head, which as published in Men’s Health Magazine. Will this affect you during the fight?

No, I’ll be cool. Haye will be held responsible for this image, I promise you!

Where will be your preparation be for the fight?

If fight is with Haye, at my camp in the Austrian Alps.

It is known that the fight will take place in London at the Stamford Bridge Stadium in Chelsea. Why there? Usually challenger boxes in the territory of the champion.

For me it’s not a problem. I don’t feel deprived. It’s good if fight takes place at the stadium where the fight can be seen by 100,000 people. It is unbelievable! My brother and I have had good experiences when fighting in England.

Is David Haye a strong contender?

At having a big mouth. In the ring I’ll teach him good behavior! He won’t last for twelve rounds in the ring.

You have another fight with IBF official challenger Alexander Povetkin. Are you ready for that?

Now there can’t even be conversations about Povetkin. He could have fought me on December 13th but was injured. Now I’ll choose other contenders who are interesting to me. Povetkin is not included in this number.

How about WBO #1 rated Alexander Dimitrenko?

I’m ready to fight with Alexander Dimitrenko. And for me it’s not important that he too is Ukrainian. For me, the nationality and color of the skin is not important. I’m ready to fight with anyone they select to challenge for my title.



This should make a good fight. I think this would make a better choice than Wladimir facing Arreola at the very least, but Dimitrenko would also make a good opponent or a fight with Povetkin. Besides Haye who else do you think would make a good fight right now?


Source






No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts