Thursday, February 5, 2009

Toney Wants To Fight Hopkins?

Yes it's true. James "Lights Out" Toney not only wants to face Bernard Hopkins but promises that he will move down to 185 and knock him out!

Toney Quote


“I know that my promoter (Dan Goossen) is seeking the best fights for me in the heavyweight division. However, I am willing to drop down to 185 pounds and fight Bernard Hopkins. They say that he is a legend. I will prove that I am the living legend. He is a good fighter, but I will knock him out.”


O.k. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but this is borderline delusional. The guy has a hard time getting in shape for the heavyweight division with unlimited weight limit, yet at this stage of his career he's going to come down and fight a very capable Hopkins at his weight class and knock him out? Yeah right. If he does try this and does make weight he will be so weak from trying to make weight that he will be feather fisted and Hopkins at worst will run circles around him, but most likely would knockout Toney very easily. This is a fight that nobody wants to see. I hope.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts