Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dimitrenko Interview

Fightnews.com recently gave a interview to up-and-coming #1 WBO ranked heavyweight Alexander "Sascha" Dimitrenko(29-0, 19 KOs). He talks about potential fights with Matt Skelton and Wladimir Klitschko in the future. Here's the interview:

Hello, Sascha. Glad to you see again. There’s been talk about a fight against Matt Skelton. You want this fight?

The fight is interesting to me. We have until March 19th to negotiate the details and if all ends well, I’ll get in the ring against him. He’s a difficult contender, the champion of Europe, and a challenger for the world title.

You had your last fight against Luan Krasniqi, which you easily won. Now Krasniqi wants a rematch. Will you agree to fight him again?

From the sports point of view, this fight is not so interesting to me because I already won deservedly and clearly. But this is boxing, here anything is possible. If my managers tell me that this fight is interesting and also financially favorable, I’m ready to fight him again. There are no problems.

WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko in an interview with Fightnews.com told us that in the future he’d be willing to fight you. How do you look at it?

I want this fight. I’ve always dreamt of becoming the world champion and I’m ready to fight the best boxers in the world. Wladimir Klitschko has proved that he is one of the best boxers in the world. But in the ring there aren’t robots, but people. It means that there are always opportunities. The main thing is to use them to your own advantage. If this fight takes place, I will try to the utmost to use them.

At one time, both of you were promoted by Universum Box Promotion. What can you tell about Wladimir Klitschko?

Yes, for a long time we worked in the same gym. I was always happy to talk to him and we worked together in training. I know him perfectly and he knows me. I think that a fight between us would be interesting to fans of boxing.

The Klitchko Brothers currently don’t have absolutely good relations with Universum Box-Promotion. Do you think that is a problem in making the fight?

I don’t think about that because I don’t wish to complicate the situation. I too have had some moments with Universum Box Promotion which didn’t suit me, but I won’t speak about what these problems are. We’ll see what happens. I am the #1 ranked heavyweight in the WBO and deserve the right to fight the champion. Wladimir knows it and understands it.

Do you think Wladimir Klitschko will beat David Haye?

Haye is not an easy contender, but I think Wlad will beat him.


Source







No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts