Friday, January 30, 2009

Wladimir & Vitali Share Plans For Their Future

On Wednesday January 28th, 2009, Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko held a press conference in Kiev, Ukraine and discussed their future plans. Vitali confirmed that he will face the WBC #1 mandatory Juan Carlos Gomez on March 21st, and Wladimir said that he will most likely face David Haye June 20th in London at the Stamford Bridge stadium in Chelsea, but if negotiations break down he may still face Chris Arreola from the United States on May 16th in Los Angeles, CA.

Vitali Klitschko Quotes


*In regards to facing Gomez:

“For me it is very important and also bears an unusual component. The matter is that the daughter of my trainer Fritz Sdunek was married to Juan Carlos Gomez, and now his promoter is in a relationship with his daughter. But for me it’s not a problem, as we are professionals. I know Gomez well. We boxed together at Universum. But I am sure of a victory and I will do everything to knock him out. Then I wish to fight against WBA heavyweight champion Nikolay Valuev so that we have the four championship titles. We’ll make it!"


Wladimir Klitschko Quotes


*In regards to David Haye:

“He has a very big mouth, but I will make him say less, then he won’t claim that he’s better than me. Many who get into the ring with me say that they’ll knock me out, but the end result is they lose.”

*In regards to facing Chris Arreola:

“The contract on the fight with David Haye is not signed yet. If the fight with Haye breaks down, the next opponent will be Chris Arreola."


Source


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts