Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Vitali Klitschko vs. Gomez Is Official

On March 31st, 2009, current WBC heavyweight champion "Dr. Ironfist" Vitali Klitschko will face his WBC mandatory challenger Juan Carlos Gomez in a 12 round title fight the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer Halle in Stuttgart, Germany. This will be Vitali's 1st defense since defeating Samuel Peter after a 4 year layoff.

Gomez Quotes


“I’m sorry for Vitali. That he has to lose his title after such a short reign. But I worked long and hard to get this shot and I will win the world championship.”

Klitschko Quotes


“The victory over Sam Peter and the WBC belt still feel amazing. “I won’t let anybody take it away from me. Gomez is a very experienced, quick and dangerous opponent. I won’t underestimate him. But the belt will stay in the Klitschko family.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts