Monday, August 4, 2008

Sultan Ibragimov Interview

Boxingscene.com recently had an interview with former WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov who vows to return after his 12 round decision loss to currently WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir "Steelhammer" Klitschko.

BoxingScene.com: Hello, Sultan, I'm glad to see you again. How do you feel?

Ibragimov: I feel very good, thank you.

BoxingScene.com: What are you doing now? How are you spending your time?

Ibragimov: Right now I'm just relaxing in Russia with some friends. Before the fight with Wlad Klitschko I had very tough schedule, sometimes I would have three fights in a year. The weariness has collected, and my body desires to rest a little bit.

BoxingScene.com
: Sultan, when will you be back?

Ibragimov: Rest assured, I will be back and I shall become the world champion again. It was suggested to me to headline a show in Moscow against Travis Walker on September 6th, but I turned that down and another Russian boxer Oleg Maskaev will headline the show.

BoxingScene.com
: How long do you want to wait before returning?

Ibragimov: It will probably be in following year. I'll fight for the second vacant position in the IBF rankings.

BoxingScene.com: Will you still be working with trainer Jeff Mayweather?

Ibragimov: I don't know yet. I'll think above it when I plan return to the ring. Now I support myself in order to stay in good shape.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts