Thursday, August 28, 2008

Klitschko Peter Press Conference

On Wednesday August 27th, 2008 at the Gallagher’s Steak House in Manhattan, a press conference was held to announce the title fight between WBC Champion Emeritus Vitali "Dr. Iron Fist" Klitschko (35-2, 34 KOs) and current WBC heavyweight champion Samuel "The Nightmare" Peter (30-1, 23 KOs) on October 11th, 2008 at the new O2 Arena in Berlin, Germany. The fight will be shown on Showtime at 9 p.m. ET/PT on tape delay with the Chad Dawson and Antonio Tarver light-heavyweight title match following. This will be Vitali's 1st fight since since an eighth-round win over Danny Williams on Dec. 11, 2004. Vitali says he's in perfect health and has predicted to defeat Peter most likely between rounds 4 and 6.

Sam Peter Quotes


“I am very grateful to be here today. I want to clear up one thing. I am the true heavyweight champion.

Vitali, you never beat a champion. You say you are the champion, but you are not a champion. You can’t be the champion until you beat me, and you can’t.

“I have fought 31 fights and never ducked anyone. I fought with my eardrum broken and lost 25 pounds that night, but I still fought.

“I am making one promise today. I will knock Vitali out. Trust me. I will knock out Vitali, and then I will beat his brother (IBF/WBO Heavyweight Champion Wladimir Klitschko). There is no doubt about that.”

Vitali Klitschko Quotes


“Thank you to everyone who put energy into making this fight happen.”

“I am pleased to say that I am back. I am happy to be back in the ring, happy to fight for my title. I gave away my title freely because of my knee injury.

“I feel sorry for Peter that I must fight him. Skeptical people say that I won’t win because I have been out of the ring for three years, but I did not lose the title. I am honored to fight for (WBC President) José Sulaimán, who gave me this chance.

“I have big respect for Mr. Lou Duva, but his fighters always say they will knock me out and it never happens. Mr. Duva is preparing Peter to knock me out, but this will never happen.

“I don’t underestimate Peter. He is a good puncher. I will give my best to be the winner, to take my title back, and to make history where two brothers will be champions at the same time. It’s a huge motivation for me.

“I promise the fight will not be easy and it won’t go to the scorecards. It will probably end between rounds four-six. I have a lot of presents ready for Peter for October 11.”

**Klitschko on his health: "Always my biggest enemy was injury. There's never a guarantee, but I'm 100 per cent ready."

"I have my health now and I'm very optimistic."

Dino Duva Quotes

*this is Peter's manager

“This fight was a fight that a lot of people never thought would happen. When the WBC ordered Sam Peter to fight Vitali Klitschko, I was the most skeptical about Klitschko’s ability. But, a few weeks ago, I ran into Vitali at the Olympics in Beijing. I saw him walk toward me with a fire in his eye and he asked me if the fight was happening. When I told him yes it was, he promised me that he would show up as ready as ever. After seeing him and the fire in him, my doubts were put to rest.

“We are so happy to work with SHOWTIME. SHOWTIME is pound for pound the best network in boxing. We are proud to have this fight on SHOWTIME.”

Lou Duva Quotes

*this is Peter's trainer

Peter reminds me of Rocky Marciano, and he will definitely knock out Vitali. You’re going to see a fight here, and I’ll tell you what, on October 11, you will see Peter knockout Klitschko.”

Bernd Boente Quotes

* this is Klitschko's manager

“This will be a great fight between two great punchers. I doubt however that this fight goes 12 rounds.”

Source 1

Source 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts