Monday, August 4, 2008

Haye's Training Methods

Former cruiserweight champion turned heavyweight hopeful David "Hayemaker" Haye recently talked about his training methods. He does a lot of unconventional things including incorporating a sophisticated weight training program, 7 meals a day diet which includes and high protein, antioxidants & vitamins B & C, and a high intensity sprints. This is what Dave had to say:

"This is not the type of stuff other boxers do,. My coach, Adam Booth, and I have been in gyms and we’ve had people look over and say, ‘What the f*** are they doing? All this new age crap.’ They are the guys who have stayed at British level while I have moved on to the undisputed world cruiserweight championship and now I’m stepping up to challenge the heavyweights.”

Haye On His Weight Now Vs At Cruiserweight


“As a cruiserweight, my body fat was about 8% and now it is around 12%, which will reduce itself slightly as we get closer to the fight,”

“I ate red meat only occasionally so that I could get my weight down but now I eat lean steak for breakfast every day, at least 1lb or 1½lb and cooked very rare, which gives me all the nutrients. To do the type of training I do, you need calories to get through it. For the muscle regeneration, you need to get the right calories as well.”

Haye On His Unconventional Methods


“The old-school trainers would pass out if they saw all of these weights, but I do a lot of weight training because it builds up strength and endurance if done in the right way. I’m not looking for bulk but strength. Strong and fast, that’s the combination you want.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts