Monday, March 17, 2008

Valuev vs Chagaev Rematch Set May 31st

It's been reported today (Monday March 17th) that Universum Box-Promotions won the WBA purse bid in Panama, and the right to promote the highly anticipated fight between Nicolai Valuev and Ruslan Chagaev on May 31st 2008 in a venue in Germany. This will be for the WBA heavyweight championship, which is 1 of 4 main belts in the heavyweight division. The WBC belt is held by newly crowned Samuel Peter, and the IBF & WBO belts are held by recognized #1 heavyweight Wladimir Klitschko.

In Valuev's last outing (February 16, 2008) he defeated former WBO heavyweight champion Sergei Liakhovich by unanimous 12 round decision, and in Chagaev's last outing he defeated UK's Matt Skelton by unanimous 12 round decision.

This should be a good fight. I think Valuev has improved, and his only loss to Chagaev has motivated him to push harder than ever. I believe that this will be a very close fight this time around, and it's hard to say who I think will win this one. If I had to pick, I'd say Valuev will get his title back. If I picked who I want to win I'd chooose Valuev because a fight between Valuev and Wladimir Klitschko would be a lot more interesting to me and most boxing fans than a fight with Chagaev.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts