Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Mike Tyson Film

The Cannes film festival in France recently showed a documentary of much acclaim labeled simply "Tyson". The film depicts Tyson's life in ways that much of the mainstream community hasn't been shown.

The film is directed by U.S film maker James Toback who has known Tyson for years. Because of Tyson knowing Toback for so long, Tyson opened up to a lot more of his turbulent life than he would have done to any other director. Before the showing of the film, the Cannes crowd gave him a five-minute standing ovation just for being there.

Tyson had this to say about the film:

"I had no idea this thing was ever going to make it to this grand scale here, I feel totally overwhelmed. I've lived a wild and strange life. I've used drugs, I've had physical altercations with dangerous people, people were angry. I've slept with guys' wives, they wanted to kill me. I'm just happy to be here. It's just a miracle. I feel good about being here with you. I've always analyzed my life"


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts