Saturday, April 4, 2009

Povetkin Estrada Weigh-In

Ahead of tonight's(Saturday, April 4th 2009) fight between #1 IBF heavyweight contender Alexander Povektin and Jason Estrada, Povetkin weighed-in at 104.2 kg or 229.7 lbs and Estrada weighed in at 109.3 kg or 241 lbs.

Both fighters are confident in victory.

Jimmy Burchfield Quotes


*Estrada's promoter

“We have come to Germany to take home the Olympic gold medal Povetkin won in 2004. Jason was one of the best amateur fighters in the country and he was one of the favourites to win Olympic gold at Athens.”

Estrada Quotes


*In reference to the Olympics

“It just was not my day. I did not perform well. But I feel much more comfortable as a pro. I never really liked the way of fighting and scoring in the amateur system.”

Valeri Belov Quotes


*Povetkin's coach on Estrada

“I saw one of his fights in Athens and he certainly has a lot of talent. He is a tough guy. We have also analysed his pro bouts. We are taking him very seriously and I have no doubts that Alexander will take care of business and beat him.”

Povetkin Quotes


*On his upcoming fight and Klitschko

“It only have Estrada on my mind. I have a lot of respect for him and it will be a tough fight. We will see what happens after I have defeated him.”

Povetkin vs. Estrada Weigh In Video




Povetkin Estrada Weigh-In Alternate Video









No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts