Friday, February 26, 2010

Klitschko Gives Valuev Final Offer Of $2.5 Million

As a last minute gesture to show how much he's willing to face the Russian giant Nicolai Valuev, current WBC champ Vitali Klitschko has now said he has offered Valuev $2.5 million for the fight. Previously through negotiations Vitali has offered $1 million then $2 million dollars while Valuev's team countered with wanting $4 million dollars which is an outrageous amount.

$2.5 million dollars is more than Valuev has made in any fights in his career including while champion and now that he is not champion he doesn't seem to think that's enough either. This is after Valuev has stated that Vitali had been running from him throughout his career. I guess $2.5 million isn't enough in Valuev's eyes for a beating! This is what Vitali had to say about the negotiations with Nicolai and his team....


"Valuev knows that I’m interested in a fight with him, - told the Ukrainian to Moskovskiy Komsomolets. – But as I have already stated numerous times Valuev doesn’t decide much. The last word always belongs to Don King and Wilfried Sauerland. As a champion I will dictate my own conditions. And I’ve already made an offer for Valuev. He promised to talk it over with his promoters. I give him a chance to fight for the champion’s belt. Besides, he’s been talking for a while that I avoid him. So now he has his chance and it’s up to him to take it or not."

“I have another voluntary defense and I want to fight against an interesting and exciting opponent. I will surely look into the possible fight with Povetkin. But I want to remind that again all the decisions will be taken by Sasha’s promoter Wilfried Sauerland. If we make an agreement with him – I will fight Povetkin. If we don’t agree – well, he’ll have to wait patiently for his turn."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts