Monday, July 6, 2009

Chambers Dimitrenko Post Fight Press Confernce

After the WBO heavyweight elimination fight between former WBO #1 Alexander Dimitrenko and heavyweight contender "Fast" Eddie Chambers on Saturday night, they and their respective promoters, and trainer had a few words to say at the post fight press conference.


Eddie Chambers Quotes



“Happy Birthday Sascha! It was a great fight. He showed that he’s a future champion. He didn’t succeed today, but he will succeed sometime. This fight was a good test, a good and strong opponent at the right time. Today I proved how fast and good I am. I showed everyone and defeated Dimitrenko. So when possible I’m ready for the fight with Vladimir Klitschko - this was the perfect preparation!”

Alexander Dimitrenko Quotes



“Today was not my day. I came into this fight badly, my hands were somehow jammed up and [the punches] didn’t flow like normal. I’m not looking for excuses. I clearly lost. I’d like to closely analyze this fight with my trainer Fritz and learn from it. One learns the most from defeats. Every great boxer has lost. It doesn’t break them, they come back stronger. I’m 27 years old for another half an hour. The best time for a heavyweight is age 30. I have the goal to fight for a world championship more than ever. I will succeed. I’m sorry that I disappointed the fans. But thus is life. It also goes on after defeats.”

Fritz Sdunek Quotes


*Dimitrenko's trainer

“It’s a pity when after a great heavyweight fight one doesn’t stand as a winner. But after the fifth round Sasha got off track. We’ll analyze the defeat and work on his weaknesses. He’ll get there. He has the talent. Today he proved he has the heart also.”

Klaus-Peter Kohl Quotes


*Universum Promoter

“I predicted that this would be a crossroads fight for Sasha and today he proved that he has heart. For twelve rounds he tried everything and gave everything. I believe Sasha will succeed. With heavyweights one must have the necessary patience. He showed a fighter’s mentality. This was the most important. We’ll give him enough time.”

Dan Goossen Quotes


*Promoter of Eddie Chambers
“It was a great fight. Dimitrenko showed a big fighter’s heart. Eddie did a very good job. Today we saw the true “Fast Eddie” Chambers! Special thanks go to trainer Robert Murray and the whole team.”

Source




No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts