Monday, December 8, 2008

W. Klitschko Rahman 2nd Press Conference

Today in large appliance store in a industrial neighborhood outside Mannheim Manheim, Germany, there was the 2nd and presumably final press conference between current WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir "Steelhammer" Klitschko and 2 time heavyweight champion and IBF mandatory replacement(due toe the #1 IBF mandatory Alexander Povetkin's ankle injury) Hasim "The Rock" Rahman.

Rahman looked tired throughout the press conference due to jet lag and it being 6 am at the time of the conference. He did manage to keep his eyes well open during the customary stare down and promised to put on a good performance Saturday. Both fighters have proclaimed to end the fight early. Here are some quotes.

Rahman Quotes


"I am a little sleepy right now, but I am looking forward to putting on a good performance," Rahman said. "It will be a great fight."

"I've learned from the past and I'm very well prepared. The area here is still Klitschko-land, but on Sunday morning this will be Rahman-land. I will win the fight early."

"I know he is extremely strong and quick. I have to be ready to take punishment and to dish it out. I am very fit and well prepared."

Steward Quotes


"Wladimir has worked very intently. He knows what Rahman can do and takes him very seriously. We have big respect for Rahman, because he's a dangerous opponent."

"Wladimir is very focused. He realizes how dangerous a puncher Hasim is. We take him very seriously. We consider him more dangerous than Povetkin. We expect a very tough fight. Wladimir considers him the most dangerous one-punch fighter he's ever faced."

Klitschko Quotes


"Hasim Rahman is a real challenger. For him it's probably his last chance at the title. He has certainly not come to lose....I'm prepared to go twelve rounds, but a clear win means an early win. It can happen in any round. I will try to win the fight as clearly as I can."

"I am not going to underestimate him in any way. I am going to do my job and I will try to do it quickly."

"This is his last chance to be a world champion again. I expect a real challenge. If he comes such a long way to fight the best man, he wants to win naturally."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Klitschko News....

Popular Posts